NorTrials will contribute to a more efficient infrastructure and increased collaboration on industry-funded clinical trials in Norway.
NorTrials will, among other things:
- Build a professional "One point of entry" to the Norwegian specialist health service for pharmaceutical and medical equipment companies and other sponsors of clinical trials
- Promote Norway as an attractive country for Norwegian and international companies, in collaboration with Innovation Norway, the Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Norway (LMI) and the Association of Medical Devices Industry in Norway (Melanor)
Dedicated NorTrials centers have been established at Norway's six university hospitals within therapy areas selected in collaboration with the industry. The NorTrials centers will be national contact points for industry-funded clinical trials and ensure broad collaboration between the country's hospitals within the relevant areas.
The NorTrials centers are:
- Cancer: Oslo University Hospital
- Autoimmune diseases and inflammation: Stavanger University Hospital
- Brain health and neurological diseases: Haukeland University Hospital
- Cardiovascular diseases: Akershus University Hospital
- Medical devices: St. Olavs hospital, Trondheim University Hospital
- Gastrointestinal diseases: University Hospital of Northern Norway
NorTrials was officially launched 20th May 2022.